When travelling on N9 (from Dublin), N25 ( from Wexford) or N24 ( from Limerick):
1. Follow signs for Waterford city centre and cross over the bridge.
2. At the traffic lights, turn left and proceed down the Quay and Custom House Parade.
3. The road will bend to the right, away from the river, with The Tower Hotel facing you.
4. Go straight through the next set of traffic lights and the Theatre Royal is on your right hand side.
When travelling on N25 from Cork:
1. Follow signs for Waterford city centre, until you get to Parnell Street, which then becomes The Mall.
2. The Theatre Royal is on the left hand side of The Mall.
The train station is located approx 2km from the Theatre Royal and the average fare from the station to the hotel is €6.50
Directions by Foot from Train Station
1. Head east on Newrath Rd
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Rice Bridge/R680 heading to Corcaigh/Cork
3. Continue to follow R680
4. Turn left onto Merchants Quay/R680
5. Continue to follow R680
6. Slight right to stay on R680
7. Slight right onto The Mall
8. Theatre Royal will be on the right
The Theatre Royal is located on The Mall in the heart of Waterford city. Please ensure you leave plenty of time before the performance to locate parking.
We recommend that you park in Bolton Street Car Park, located behind Waterford Crystal, as there is very limited parking on the Mall. There is also plenty of parking available in private car parks along the quay. Disabled parking is available on the Mall outside the theatre.
Pay and Display (Bolton Street Car Park)
Cost is €1 per hour during times below (Parking is free outside these hours):
Monday to Thursday: 8.30-18.30