- “I’m enjoying Pat Coldrick’s Ophelia, his third album. What he’s been doing with classical guitar is extraordinary. His vision of what you can do with a soundscape centred on guitar is super. Throughout the album, like in Sí Beag Sí Mor, the arrangements are pin-sharp. I don’t think the country has quite woken up to what we have in Pat Coldrick – he’s a national treasure.”
- Jim Lockhart, Horslips
- “Enjoying Pat Coldrick’s ‘Ophelia’, especially Passionelle, Sí Beag Sí Mór and The Sound Of Bells.”
- Paul Brady
- “His recital was as refreshing an evening’s music as I had in months; he brings freshness and immediacy to what he plays.”
- The Irish Times
- “CityJam is simply brilliant.”
- David Agnew, RTÉ Concert Orchestra
- “What a great player. I thought I was safe. Love his style. Cayendo was immense but this (Cityjam) tops it.”
- Joe Walsh, The Eagles
- “It doesn’t happen that often where a player can offer a programme of well known standards and include his own compositions the stature of which easily stand up comfortably alongside these renowned items.”
- Classical Guitar Magazine
An Evening with Virtuoso Guitarist and Composer PAT COLDRICK
Date: 22nd February
Price: Early Booking Until January 24th: €18.00
Pat Coldrick is an Irish classical guitarist and composer who has been working for the last six years at home but has also performed recitals in Europe, the USA and Russia. Pat has been described as ‘pushing the boundaries of classical guitar’ with his musical interpretations and compositions and has made classical guitar exciting, interesting and more accessible to music lovers in general. Through his interpretation of music and by exploring and embracing new technologies he strives to enhance the dynamics of the classical guitar and bring his music to a wider audience both at home and abroad.
Pat’s musical formation has not followed normal traditional lines. He is mainly self-taught and in a relatively short period of time he has put together an impressive body of work and has gained considerable recognition throughout Ireland and internationally both as a performer and composer. Pat’s skillful and atmospheric connection with his audience is an art form in itself and is in total contrast to other more formal classical performances. He has a very easy going, laid back and unassuming approach and the approach to audiences at his live shows is to entertain rather than educate.
To date Pat has produced 3 albums – Cayendo (2010), CityJam (2014) and the latest Ophelia. Since the launch of these albums his music has been played on all the major radio stations in Ireland and many others abroad. Pat is now widely acknowledged as a very accomplished musician and composer who is succeeding in bringing classical guitar music ‘centre stage’ where he so passionately believes it belongs.
The new album Ophelia is out now featuring contributions from Irish musicians Finbar Furey, John Sheahan, Daire Bracken and Peter Eades.